To Know God

Tuesday 15 November 2011


“If you don’t delight in the fact that your Father is holy, holy, holy, then you are spiritually dead. You may be in a church. You may go to a Christian school. But if there is no delight in your soul for the holiness of God, you don’t know God. You don’t love God. You’re out of touch with God. You’re asleep to his character.” ― R.C. Sproul, Choosing My Religion
“When we understand the character of God, when we grasp something of His holiness, then we begin to understand the radical character of our sin and hopelessness. Helpless sinners can survive only by grace. Our strength is futile in itself; we are spiritually impotent without the assistance of a merciful God. We may dislike giving our attention to God’s wrath and justice, but until we incline ourselves to these aspects of God’s nature, we will never appreciate what has been wrought for us by grace. Even Edwards’s sermon on sinners in God’s hands was not designed to stress the flames of hell. The resounding accent falls not on the fiery pit but on the hands of the God who holds us and rescues us from it. The hands of God are gracious hands. They alone have the power to rescue us from certain destruction.” ― R.C. Sproul, The Holiness of God
I dont know God. I'm out of touch with God. I am asleep to His character. I admit. I do feel out of touch. I feel like I dont know Him at all!!! I feel out of touch all the time. I'm being bombarded with Theology all the time that I dont actually like God very much anymore. There's this ideas about God in my head that involves punishment and rules and stuff I have to do to earn my place by His side. Situations I have to go through and places and people. God is not very likable in my head at the moment. My mum bombards me with messages about Pastors and how great they are, and meetings and christian websites and evangelism and preaching and exorcism and healing and all those things. But those are actions, and how can I have any interest in them when I dont even know God, when all I know about him are these actions..? Doesnt seem any different from my past religion. 
I dont know God at all. But I'd like to know Him. Because I know one thing. I know that life becomes purposeful when He is involved. Life has meaning when He's in it. I know, coz I have seen that light shine in so many people. I have also seen the emptiness in people who dont want to get to know him. People who are happy and doing great in life but they have this empty,dark, void aura when you are near them. Because they dont want to get to know God. I'd like the meaningful life. I cannot live without a purpose. I become like Christina Yang who cannot hold a scalpel. 
I'm not sure what I am going to do, but I am going to go to the basics. I'm going back to the Bible. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment