Boredom kills

Sunday 18 December 2011

The restlessness is slowly killing me. I actually opened my wardrobe a couple times to check if Narnia was back there, and then behind the mirror just to be sure. No, I'm not doped on anything. Except for maybe the amazing omelette rice I had earlier. I dont know what I wanna do. I wanna go fishing right now, but going to that lake at this hour is basically digging my own grave. Not because of creatures that live in it, rather the creatures that decide to drink alcohol by it. The perfect semester break would be a roadtrip. A roadtrip that involves good food, plenty of shopping, a few days by the beach, and a trip to Gentings where we waste more money and sulk by drinking Caramel Macchiatos at Starbucks, with extra whipped cream, of course. But every semester break is the same. I stare at the computer everyday and try to figure out what to do. Last semester break was a little different. It involved staring at the huge flatscreen watching football.

I dont want to live an ordinary life. This is all so ordinary for me. Sure, other people have it worse. But being not able to live as you dream of is equally horrible in its own way too.

So why not do it? Why not have that roadtrip? Because a roadtrip means money. Renting a car, and gas and toll. It also means you need a bunch of friends, which I dont have. And also shopping means having the money and the body for it. Which I dont. And I really want to go to the beach and wear a bikini. Which I cant.

So much negativity these past few days. I think its the boredom that is talking. I hope I sound more cheery in a couple more days. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment