Weekend Rant :D

Tuesday 7 February 2012

I'm back!!!

So, I went back home for a long weekend/short holiday. I must say, it was pretty nice. I absolutely love being with my new family. And my boyfriend is so sweet. Yes, he hated the hair and his housemate was cheeky and teased me. Oh, yea.. I cut my hair and I coloured it!! Wanna see?
Ignore the bra strap lol
haha!! New year, new colour. But bf didnt like the sides shaved too much! I like it though. But he gave me a lecture about it and it made me think. How I look, should portray the person I am, and this girl in the picture looks hardcore, rugged and not at all the classy Biomedical Science student who wants to be an overachiever and the model student she yearns to be. And also, the look makes me unapproachable. Which is the opposite of what I want. I want to be approachable!!

Anyhoo, I really liked my weekend. Slept like a baby, pampered like a Queen and ate like a pig.

Now that I am back in Kampar, it's all business. And no more games. But as usual, I'm on facebook trolling.
And I saw and read the new post by Lauren titled 'We are abominations". Something I really want you to read, and get an insight on. My boyfriend and I share very different views on homosexuality. He insists that it is an abomination, and honestly I dont know how to argue with him. Because I am not sure myself. I am bisexual myself and I cannot help how I feel about girls and boys alike, and I dont know if that is wrong or that is right. All I know is that God accepts us all. So I stick to that part. Reading Lauren's post made it so much clearer for me to explain why I accept my LGBT members without any judgement. It was like she read my mind and put it into words. So I am sharing this with you. I agree with what she said and I am not ashamed of it. Call me blasphemous, judge my faith, or you can agree with me.

And another thing is, I always have people asking me, why I am dating an African. And why I never date or consider dating a Malaysian, especially my own race. Easiest example is today. Today is Thaipusam. The whole Indian lot is outside celebrating the death of the demon and the victory of god. Great. But Indian guys!!! What's with the whole rowdism??? Honestly I cannot stand the attitude of my generation. Not to label everyone as the same but the majority of Indian boys today put me to shame. I was actually proud that I looked more African than Indian today. Tamil movies influences and the likes of actions heros like Vijay and Ajith is honestly dragging the indian generation down. Have you guys ever heard of classy? I was waiting for my train and holy mother of pizza I got so many cat calls and wolf howlings and some of them thought I was a foreigner and started talking so lewdly I had to put on my bitch stare face the whole time. On the contrary, while I was buying food from one of the fast food joints there, an African guy with his girl, politely offered me his place on queue when he saw me with big bags and stuff. And a group of African guys offered me a place to sit outside Dunkin donuts so I can sit my ass down and wait for the train. When I go to Nilai, yes, the Africans there flirt, but they are so polite and friendly and non threatening at all that you dont panic and start looking for the nearest police station or a crowded shop to hide in like I do when I see Indian guys. Indians, you belong to one of the greatest empires of all. You are known for your intelligence, your creativity, culture and wonderful genes. Dont dumb it down because some idiot on tv does it with the help of ropes and a drunk script writer. And dont behave like thugs. Not classy, and you're ruining your future. And dont take it the wrong way. I'm not ashamed of being an Indian girl. I consider myself lucky to be an Indian and I'm damn proud of being one, and no matter what nobody can take that away from me. But honestly, how are we portraying ourselves to the world? As Malaysians. As Malaysian Indians. I want people to hear the word 'Indian' and go "wow".. not eww..
And so, that's the end of my rant. And also the beginning of hell. Need to clean my room and prepare for tomorrow. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment