New things

Wednesday 18 January 2012

Yes, I deleted my last two posts. It was such half assed posts and I am not in the business of being half assed hehe.

So, officially, HAPPY NEW YEAR!! 2012 is being so good to me, and Mohawk is well pleased. I spent the whole semester break with my boyfriend. Which was really great. One month of good sleep, good food and an awesome flatscreen tv to cure my random bored moments. I honestly had a good time. Christmas was nothing special, we went out for a bit, and then spent the entire day at home with friends. I was exhausted by 6pm and fell asleep. New year was very different to me, because when the clock struck 12, I was in my room and I could hear my boyfriend's friends praying downstairs and then me and my boyfriend had our own prayers too. I have never started a new year with prayers. Usually it's saying "Happy New Year" to everyone and falling asleep to tv. Some bad things happened too. When I turned my computer on after a couple days there, I realised the keyboard wasnt working. I'm going to blame the commuter for this. Everytime I ride the commuter, I get packed in like a tin of sardines(worse actually) and that day I still remember I had to take my lappy bag of so I have room to move and the bag got kicked around. So I didnt have my computer for a whole month. Which sucked and gave me quite a scare because when the keyboard stops working its probably the keyboard being faulty of the motherboard decided to 'kaput' on you. Thankfully it was just my keyboard and all is fine now :) The day I found out the 'prognosis' on my keyboard I still remember trying not to burst out in tears and bie was like "Ok, let's have a 10 minute crying session for Pinky" and started howling and made me laugh.

That experience, though made me realise a little more about me. I am not someone who gets stuck in a situation. Once I found out about Pinky, I was upset for a while, but then I started planning my next move. And I have always done that with every situation. I never sulk for long. I know I need to move on and start working on things, although emotionally I do tend to remember and hold it in.

Also, the one month break with my boyfriend changed me a lot. First, I learned I needed to grow up. Malaysian lifestyle is so different from from his lifestyle. I had to learn how to behave around him, and his friends, what I am supposed to, and not supposed to say etc. I also became quite the grocery shopper. Proud of myself hehe. I also learned the importance of reaching out to God, and having God in every action I do. Actually the most memorable conversation I had with Bie was about God. I asked him if we could ask God for material things and if that was ok with Him and that sent Bie on a long conversation about God and the Old Testament and such. It was so interesting and gave me a new perspective of God.

There were downsides too, as my boyfriend is actually a strict no-nonsense guy and I am the exact opposite of him. Many times I got reprimanded and once he yelled at me in front of his housemate which sent me on a day long crying session. It was my fault. I have some old habits that are results of my past and was further condoned by former 'playmates'(friends) and it was so childish and wrong of me. But it did feel exasperating at times because I felt like someone cut my tail of haha! It was all good though. I never felt more at home and belonging than when I was there with him and the rest.

The new semester has started and Day one was crazy. I had 5 back to back lectures with only an hour in between two classes and I was rushing to the faculty office and meeting lecturers and buying stuff and returning books and getting new ones. I was rushing everywhere!! It was honestly a tiring day and today will be too but it's alright because tomorrow I have no class. YAY ME! This semester all my science subjects include DNA/gene studies and DNA is my weakest topic. It always has been but I am in such a good mood this year I am going to make sure I ace this semester too.

Ok, time to get a couple more hours of sleep before I get ready for class. Love you all!

xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment