Thoughts are flames. Let me show you how they burn

Sunday 15 April 2012

Something happened when I was in my First year first sem. I felt like all the anger and fury and rebellious nature blowing up, and I found people who enabled me. I was a force to be reckoned with, in a bad way. It wasnt a surprise when I found out that a lot of people didnt like me in my first semester. A lot of people disdained me. I was loud, I was fearless, annoying and there was no filter in my mouth. I wore what I liked, I didnt care about the university system, I did what I liked and when I liked it. I was loud and crazy. I wasnt what you called a Science student. If you saw me back then, you would bet I was a soon to be dropout. I called myself badass and I had no preferance for rules. I was amazing in my own demented way. Yea, that's the word. I was demented.

It cost me a lot. It cost me friendship, good grades, first impressions, good influences. People talked about me in uni and it wasnt in a good way. It almost cost me my future.

The thing was, I was all those things, but I expressed them in a brutally negative way. It took me almost 2 years and a lot of drama and life lessons to get my life story straight. To be on the right path. I think I am on it right now. I am still fearless. But fearless for the right reasons. I have learnt the power of words, and I can safely say I have a filter in my mouth and after months of 'brutal' training from my boyfie I have learnt when to say what. I make the university system work for me, instead of blindly going against it just cause, and I have learnt when to be this and when to be that. I am still loud and crazy, but for the right reasons. I dress well in uni and if you look at me now, you would think I was some kind of A list student. I still call myself a badass. I still am. But I have learnt on what to be a badass at.

A lot has changed in 3 years. And there's still another year left. And soon I will be a working adult. And metamorphosis more. Change for the better. Be better. Be badass

0 comments:

Post a Comment